Investment for growth is a vital step towards helping our area overcome significant barriers to growth. With constrained public funding, we need to find innovative ways to ensure the funding we receive has the greatest impact, and (where possible) creates future funding opportunities at the same time.
The LEP’s role is to:
- Explore new ways of funding infrastructure and enterprise investment
- Identify the finance gap for innovative SMEs looking to expand
- Help develop a 2014-2020 European Funding Programme that meets the need of our area
- Design innovative financial models to make best possible use of Enterprise Zone Business Rates income and Growing Places Fund recycled funds
- Provide clear guidance on where help, support and finance is available for enterprises
We will have succeeded when we have aligned European and other funding sources to the LEP priorities, as set out in our economic strategy and action plan, and are enabling the delivery projects on the ground.
Our website also goes some way to help support our last objective, by clearly signposting where help, support and finance are available for enterprises here.