The aim of the Local Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network (LAAN) is to grow the apprenticeships programme by attracting new employers through business to business engagement in a defined geographical area.
The LAAN is charged with promoting and engaging employers in all aspects of apprenticeships including the developing areas of traineeships, higher level and degree apprenticeships, and new sectors.
Local Apprenticeship Ambassadors are key to local apprenticeship growth and are supporting the government commitment to create 3 million apprenticeships during the lifetime of this parliament.
Paula Parker, Chair of the GCGP LEP Apprenticeship Ambassador Network, said:
“As the Chair of the Local Apprentice Ambassadors Network I would encourage other employers to get involved in becoming an Ambassador as it offers great networking opportunities with other employers, LEPs and government departments which will enable you to keep up to date, and often ahead of the game regarding policy changes and opportunities surrounding the most exciting reforms for Apprenticeships that we have ever seen. AVEVA are proud to have won the award for Large Company Newcomer to Apprenticeships and be named as a Top 100 employers – it is unlikely our programme would have been so successful had it not been for the support of the Ambassador Network and the chance to share best practice as we embarked on our journey.”
To find out more or request a chat with an ambassador, please contact email@example.com quoting Apprenticeship Ambassadors in the email header or call Stella Cockerill or Fiona McGonigle on 01480 277180.
The Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP Ambassadors are:
- Chair: Paula Parker, Group Learning & Development Manager, AVEVA Solutions Limited, Cambridge.
- Anne Bailey, Form The Future
- Anne Pounds, Apprenticeship Manager, Kier Living
- David Keeling, Chief Operating Officer, Bango
- Jill Thornton: People & Strategy Director, Blue Arrow
- Lis Every, City of Ely Council, Chamber of Commerce, ECDC
- Lynda Grayson, Graduate, Apprentice & Recruitment Coordinator, British Sugar
- Martyn Price, Chief Executive, Consign (Construction Skills Solutions Ltd)
- Michael Garrick Green, Managing Director, Ouse Creative Limited
- Paul Davies, Art Director, Top to Toe
- Stuart Gibbons, Managing Director, Le Mark
- Mark Read, Managing Director, Whizzle
- Eugene Murphy, Lean Manager, Delphi Diesel Systems
- Roy Engle, Delphi Diesel Systems
- Stella Cockerill, Head of Skills, Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP
- Fiona McGonigle, Business Relationship Manager, Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP
- Sarah Kelf, HR Manager, M.H. Plastics
- Stuart Briscoe, Plant Manager, Bosch Lawn & Garden Ltd.
- Annie Cook, NHS
- Phil Stittle, Director of Business Development, West Suffolk College
- Linda Savage, NCS Group
- Breeda Watson, NHS
- Paul Wright, Apprenticeship Strategy Manager, Norfolk County Council
- Richard, Warren Services
- Elizabeth East, Domino UK
- Suparna Ghose, Anglia Ruskin University
- Elizabeth Tillet, Apprentice Training Manager – AeroAcademy, Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group